The only advantage of YouTube Premium is ad-free videos? Do I understand this correctly?

Paying €12 (Germany) and the only feature I might get isn’t any (or less) advertisements? I’m simplest the use of YouTube via Wi-Fi, no need to download motion pictures. I do not concentrate to Music, so I do not want YouTube Music.

All it is left is one unmarried element: No advertisements.

There are no unfastened suggests and movies https://globalfist.com/ like with Netflix and Disney+? Maybe loose and paid content, like with Prime Video?

Edit: added “might” because human beings assumed I’m a YouTube client.

267

452
feedback

Sort through:

Best
Add a remark
amchaudhry

5mo ago
simply to be contrarian, I’ll give you my top class enjoy. I get YouTube on TV with no marketing, I get YouTube Music as a separate app, which I sense is extra advanced to Spotify, as it has each commercial and noncommercial track (taking note of bootleg recordings, concerts, and different performances that generally aren’t to be had thru typical song streaming catalogs), I can down load any video onto my device to observe afterward planes with no fidgeting or complexity, I get access to premium consumer content material like from Vsauce or MKBHD, And earlier than it become a function of my device, I become able to heritage play YouTube films on my device while I did different stuff. To me, the trade of money for the services that I’m getting is truthful and I suppose it’s really worth it. For others that might not be the case.

Edit: I see humans announcing which you additionally get commercials on top rate but inside the years that I’ve had the carrier I haven’t begun to experience that on any tool.

94Aesop94

5mo in the past
Ive paid for YouTube Premium for so long now that once my stepdad desired to reveal me a video I obstinately declared “considering that when are there ads??”

I just like the capabilities, for my part. I recognize not absolutely everyone desires or needs all the functions, however I power for a residing through rural forests; being capable of down load and smart download, without a ads, and having my telephone display screen off is simply ideal for my process. Alongside having Music, which I agree is tons better for my makes use of than Spotify.

I get inside the vehicle and think, ah man I forgot to download the lastest episode of, oh nvm YouTube did it for me; podcast finishes, “howdy Google, play Weezer’s Blue album garage demo”, boots right up. Ah, now not truly what I desired how about Infected Mushroom, autopopulates the playlist with comparable EDM with bands I’ve in no way heard of. Im only a fan I bet

u/CrowNailCaw avatar
CrowNailCaw

5mo ago
That’s great in case you virtually care approximately that stuff, but your comment isn’t always truely contrarian. The factor of the submit is that if you only want to keep away from commercials, you are buying a group of crap you don’t care about. You show up to use that crap, however the rest people do no longer. There is no tier to pay to just keep away from advertisements, which sucks.

And historical past play must by no means ever be a paid feature, and the fact that YT made it a paid function indicates precisely how we got here.

eight

1 greater respond
Traveling_Solo

5mo ago
“top class user content like from Vsauce” see, I’mma have to prevent you proper there. I thought we all agreed a decade in the past that Vsauce would simplest be a meme! 😮 did you no longer get the awareness from Karen?

1 greater reply

three more replies
u/Cyber_Akuma avatar
Cyber_Akuma

5mo in the past
The “Download video” aspect is not even downloading, the wording is particularly misleading. It just helps you to play a cached model in case you decided on down load before going offline. It does no longer genuinely down load the video document to play in something like one would assume a download characteristic to do.

VenKitsune

5mo ago
That’s hilarious, mainly while you comprehend that you may certainly download films via 1/3 birthday party websites.

nine

u/Cyber_Akuma avatar
Cyber_Akuma

5mo in the past
Sites OR programs, yeah. There are one million methods to download YouTube motion pictures for real and free of charge, however YouTube’s legit down load provider that you need to pay for… Does no longer clearly down load films.

nine

1 extra respond
MrMaleficent

5mo in the past
Isn’t that exactly how all streaming service’s down load features work?

2 extra replies

three greater replies
u/obamaprism3 avatar
obamaprism3

background play

advert-free films

downloading films is every other benefit, you simply cannot/may not put it to use

and there’s unfastened and paid content, like high video… The unfastened films aren’t superb although

thirteen

[deleted]
anti_lefty97

5mo ago
Background play? You imply a music video will keep playing whilst Youtube is minimized?

sisiwine

four

u/PussySmasher42069420 avatar
PussySmasher42069420

5mo in the past
This used to be a general non-paid characteristic.

Youtube’s approach is to take away capability and rate extra for it. This is why we can not take delivery of turning off adblockers.

1 more respond

7 greater replies

3 more replies
u/IvanhoesAintLoyal avatar
IvanhoesAintLoyal

5mo ago
I cancelled my sub the opposite day. I didn’t mind it, particularly considering on iPhone, YouTube gained’t play in the history with out it, unless you install a third party app, and no thank you.

Between the Adblock and sssniperwolf shit, I can’t in excellent moral sense provide them cash anymore.

They’ve shown time and time once more how lousy they are, but those especially are just the only straw too many.

AuclairAuclair

5mo in the past
Ya the history play is worth it on my own

1 extra respond

5 greater replies
EasternComfort2189

5mo ago
Premium turns off invasive advert machine that suggests ridiculously inappropriate non skippable advertisements which now and again can be longer than the video itself. In other words, YouTube is making their website online purposely unusable, and Premium makes it bearable.

u/PussySmasher42069420 avatar
PussySmasher42069420

5mo ago
Right? It’s not approximately consumers being stingy thieves.

They’re truely looking to gouge and pressure people into buying a product that nobody needs.

4 more replies

2 greater replies
GifanTheWoodElf

yourchannel
If you are on mobile it allows you to minimize the app or shut off your display screen. But yeah on PC it is quite much simply the advertisements.

u/CrowNailCaw avatar
CrowNailCaw

5mo ago
That should not also be a premium function, that must be a normal function.

GifanTheWoodElf

yourchannel
True, stuff like Twitch has it without cost, however why could they upload a basic ass function when they can receives a commission for it as a substitute.

four

2 more replies
u/INITMalcanis avatar
INITMalcanis

Mostly ad-unfastened

For now.

u/AaronKoss avatar
AaronKoss

“mainly upload” quickly

u/INITMalcanis avatar
INITMalcanis

“just the top”

Sdwerd

5mo ago
Background play and downloads as properly which come in clutch if you paintings in an area that has terrible reception and no wifi.

cyberphunk2077

5mo ago
do downloads work with out a web connection ?

Cheezewiz239

5mo ago
Yeah. That would defeat the reason if it worked that manner

four

cyberphunk2077

5mo ago
Exactly Louis Rossman give up premium because his videos would not play whilst he changed into offline. Maybe this became fixed.

three

1 extra reply

1 greater respond

1 extra respond
u/LibrarianJesus avatar
LibrarianJesus

5mo in the past
You tube top class includes youtube functions (advertisements is one among it), get entry to to YouTube originals (no longer really worth it) and YouTube music (which I use each day), I agree with there had been some low key things. But tune, and ads is the jist of it.

u/noctroad avatar
noctroad

5mo ago
YouTube song is the primary thing not the advertisements , i select it over spotify

eight

[deleted]
[deleted]

5mo in the past
“I don’t listen to Music”

Is the whole thing adequate at home?

eight

three more replies
ProfessorGluttony

5mo ago
I think at the phone model, you can nevertheless have the audio play with the display screen became off, but that is so fringe it’s miles insulting that function is at the back of a paywall.

u/Hairy_Letterhead_201 avatar
Hairy_Letterhead_201

5mo ago
Premium is ready milking the platform. The consumer, the ones who virtually upload, and make YT what it’s miles, most effective gets some cents of these twelve euros. It’s preposterous!

GroundbreakingArea34

5mo ago
I would say this depends on you and your entertainment needs.

YouTube is to be had on many gadgets; for me, I frequently watch it on my TV. So the only “real” gain is add unfastened.

But on a cellular device, back ground use, down hundreds ect.

socalsalas

5mo ago
You can watch motion pictures with your smartphone locked. I pay attention to tales, so it’s fine to place those on, lock my cellphone and carry it in my pocket at the same time as I do chores.

You can down load load films to watch while riding (you said you wouldn’t use that, however it ended up being beneficial for me)

You can create your very own Queue so that you’re no longer on the mercy of autoplay. And there are NO advertisements fro YT.

I without a doubt enjoy top class, however i also do now not use netflix or any other streaming provider.

Comments